IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) Support Analyst
Reporting to the Support Manager, this role will be the primary system support specialist for the African/Europe and Americas time zones. This role will investigate and diagnose complex problems reported by TM1 (now called IBM Planning Analytics) users and partner with key finance stakeholders in the support of the PBF (Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting) environment for the client.
The client is a Global company with a TM1 user base of more than 1500 users. Working together with other support analysts as part of a bigger team, you will be required to rotate in shifts from 8AM – 4PM, 12PM-8PM or 4PM – 12PM weekdays, including weekend on-call shifts every 3 weeks. There is flexibility to work from home depending on the level of experience.
This is a permanent position in the TM1/BI sector in Cape Town (Northern Suburbs), South Africa. Salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer support of IBM Planning Analytics applications in a global environment
- Investigating issues raised via support cases, working directly with the customer
- Liaise with Business Unit financial stakeholders to optimize reporting and analysis
- Maintain and improve all TM1 assets, including Cubes, Dimensions, Rules, TI Processes
- Maintain and improve reporting suites
- Train, develop and support other business users using IBM Planning Analytics
- Ensure updated documents of all procedures, processes, rules, and definitions are maintained
Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience with IBM Planning Analytics or other multi-dimensional PBF tool, either as administrator, developer, or support
- Tertiary qualification will be an advantage, preferably with IT knowledge
- Interest in BI/BA tools specifically with Cognos BI, Microsoft SQL/Server and/or PowerBI will be an advantage
As a successful candidate, you will have:
- Good general computing knowledge, troubleshooting and support capability on the Microsoft Windows or Linux platform
- A good understanding of networking fundamentals, and application configuration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to switch focus quickly as priorities change
- Passionate about business analytics, modeling and planning
- A strong sense of responsibility and integrity
- Ability to work unsupervised, under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Previous business analysis experience would be an advantage
Over and above technical skills the candidate will be required to interact with business users and will require good communication and customer service skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a specialised team, and a dynamic company that focuses on delivering Business Performance Management using BI/BA technologies.
Contact: Francois Kritzinger | Director |
Tel: +27 21 914-3858 | email@example.com | www.venncubed.co.za |