Reporting to the Support Manager, this role will be the primary system support specialist for the African/Europe and Americas time zones. This role will partner with key finance stakeholders in the support of the PBF (Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting) environment for the client. The client is a Global company with a TM1 (now called IBM Planning Analytics) user base of more than 1500 users. Working in a team of 2 support specialists as part of a bigger team that will rotate in shifts from 8AM – 5 PM or 5PM-1AM weekdays. There is flexibility to work from home depending on the level of experience. Some international travel might be required.
This is a permanent position in Cape Town (Northern Suburbs), South Africa. Salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Duties and responsibilities
- System support of IBM Cognos TM1 applications in a global environment.
- Liaise with Business Unit financial stakeholders to optimize reporting and analysis.
- Maintain and improve all TM1 assets, including Cubes, Dimensions, Rules, TI Processes.
- Maintain and improve reporting suites.
- Train, develop and support other business users using IBM Cognos TM1.
- Ensure updated documents of all procedures, processes, rules and definitions are maintained.
Education and Experience
- 1+ years of experience either as administrator or support analyst supporting an enterprise system
- Knowledge and experience working with a service support desk application
- Experience working with Service Now or similar will be an advantage
- Tertiary qualification will be an advantage, preferably with IT knowledge.
- Interest in BI/BA tools specifically with Cognos BI, Microsoft SQL/Server and/or PowerBI will be an advantage.
The candidate must have:
- Good general computing knowledge, troubleshooting and support capability on the Microsoft Windows platform, a good understanding of networking fundamentals, familiar with application configuration.
- A strong sense of responsibility and integrity.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines.
- Business analysis experience.
Over and above technical skills the candidate will be required to interact with business users and will require good communication and people skills.
Contact: Nicol Smit | Director |
Tel: +27 21 914-3858 | email@example.com | www.venncubed.co.za |